News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MB Sprout

Started by PhiloB, January 20, 2014, 03:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

My 11 year old helped me populated and 'paint' the enclosure.  He was a little afraid of the solder iron but I was real proud, he made some healthy joints.
He was a little upset with the art work.  Wrote his Z's backwards.  It's now the Behold the Fuss instead of Fuzz.
Also, the bit ripped the bottom of the enclosure by the DC jack. 
My son and I are stoked, bottom line.

Also, it was my first 1590A.

jimilee

Sweet build man!!! It's a great experience for you both. And as for the jack, the EHX nano pedals are made like that, so you may be starting a new DIY fad!!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Fantastic build.  I love seeing things like this.  Cool that you are tracking your son some new skills.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

PhiloB

Thanks Jimilee and Pickdropper.  Were the images available?  Cant see them now.

jimilee

Oh yeah they're there.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chromesphere

What a real bonding experience to spend with your son. Cant wait to do this sort of thing with my son when he's older...assuming he's interested of course! lol
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

selfdestroyer

I don't  have kids but my wife did help with painting some enclosures and it was a blast to spend that time together and her showing an interest in my hobbies.

Your build looks great and the memories you created are timeless. I am sure he will remember this forever like I remember building stuff with my dad.

PhiloB

It was really cool.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I struggled with it a little. He talked about wanting to put it in a different box and redo the design and name but I think we need to just build another effect! 
The coolest part was when he plugged it in and hit that first note!  From then on it was all smiles and he was jamming - no inhibitions, just making an awful fuzzy racket.  Too fun.  He plays some but up to this point had not been completely sold.  He can play a few riffs and read some.  But this was the first time I've seen him just let loose and enjoy.  Thanks for letting me gush:)

hylandren

Quote from: PhiloB on January 20, 2014, 03:05:37 PM....I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I struggled with it a little. He talked about wanting to put it in a different box and redo the design and name but I think we need to just build another effect!
Sounds like HE is another perfectionist in the making as well!
As someone who with no kids, I love reading about both you and Jimilee building stuff with your kids.
I am not above living vicariously.  :D