Main Menu

Grind Customs Tenebrion reverb

Started by LaceSensor, August 31, 2013, 09:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

HI guys

Finally got this one boxed up. Had the PCB populated for a few weeks

Mods - Feedback is a b500k
Reverb is a dual pot, top track is a B100k (Long reverb) bottom track is a B1k. Handy bit of pot cannibalisation. Thanks to Juansolo for the inspiration on that one..
Switchable with a DPDT switch.

Sounds really great ! will go into infinite feedback with the Long setting
Box was a BenColes job, beautiful!

Pics:

selfdestroyer

Quote from: LaceSensor on August 31, 2013, 09:17:25 PM
HI guys

Finally got this one boxed up. Had the PCB populated for a few weeks

Mods - Feedback is a b500k
Reverb is a dual pot, top track is a B100k (Long reverb) bottom track is a B1k. Handy bit of pot cannibalisation. Thanks to Juansolo for the inspiration on that one..
Switchable with a DPDT switch.

Sounds really great ! will go into infinite feedback with the Long setting
Box was a BenColes job, beautiful!

Pics:

Very cool mods you got there. I would love to hear the difference of short and long if you get some time for a demo.

LaceSensor

The short sound only gets 'so' big, and gives some more subtle control and a more springy room sound. The long is much 'bigger' and with the feedback cranked will almost self oscillate.

An interesting mod but I admit I just did it like this straight up and didn't try the stock BOM

culturejam

I kinda dig the medium brick. Best of both worlds. :)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

LaceSensor

alanp

The Tenebrion is amazing, so usable. I love how the feedback goes right to the edge of about to howl, but never quite touches it :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nmbb

One more build to add to my list for shure!

LaceSensor

Quote from: alanp on September 01, 2013, 09:27:09 AM
The Tenebrion is amazing, so usable. I love how the feedback goes right to the edge of about to howl, but never quite touches it :)

think mine will howl with the 500k pot rather than 250k
need to try on my full amp rig

DutchMF

Quote from: alanp on September 01, 2013, 09:27:09 AM

I was never inclined to build a reverb pedal, as I never, ever use my amps 'verb, but this might pull me over. Can you describe the way that 'howl' sounds, or post a sound clip? Love me some sonic mayhem.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Thomas3D

Anyone happen to have the build doc on their hard drive still? I'm looking for the schematic.

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

NorthCoast

Quote from: Thomas3D on February 08, 2019, 08:35:36 PM
Anyone happen to have the build doc on their hard drive still? I'm looking for the schematic.

Yeah, I've got the build doc. I'll upload it to my Google drive when I get a chance.
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

NorthCoast

"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

Thomas3D